Riding your bike is a passion for you but it really matters whether you want to go to the next level by challenging yourself to ride your bike for almost 1,000 miles in a day.
If you are planning to train for this, check out the following tips that can be helpful.
1. Plan your route: The first thing is to plan your route because if anything goes wrong, you are the only person to be blamed. For example, if you do not find a gas station for too long, you might have to push your bike and add physical effort for the same. It is also important to know that you have an opportunity to fuel your bike whenever the need arises. Similarly, if you are caught up in a situation where you have no way to go ahead, your plans can be slashed. So, planning is of utmost importance. While planning, remember that you are traveling for almost 1,000 miles. If your body feels the pain and you do not end up returning home, make sure that there is a luxurious hotel around so that you feel at ease after working this hard.
2. Prepare your bike: Well, your bike is the only vehicle you want (and maybe the only vehicle you have). So, it is important to prepare it for the ride. Issues, if any, should be rectified as soon as possible. If it gets out of hand, you'll not be in a position to forgive yourself for a dull and heartbroken ride. While preparing your bike, remember that you have to sit on it all the time. So, your riding position should be comfortable too.
3. Personal Equipment: Apart from gloves and helmet, other personal equipment that can keep you safe from the weather conditions are important. So, get ready with layered clothes, jacket, and even a rain suit (if you feel the need for it). You can even carry earplugs to prevent wind noise. It can be irritating over a period of time.
4. Food and water: Some food that can keep you energetic should be carried but in the form of health bars. Water is good if you know the ride will be on a bright, sunny road. Pack snacks for the ride and keeps moving.
5. Enjoy your trip: More than the challenge, it is an opportunity for you to enjoy your ride with your lovely bike for a day. It is a weird date you have with your bike and your opportunity to not to be disturbed by anyone. So, go ahead and enjoy your ride with a smile on your face, till the end of the day.